Thursday 6 January 2011

Day 8: Paris

1/3/11

We skipped the non-anglais cafe today and headed to our new favorite, Cafe Cherie, where we both ordered chocolate (Nutella) crepes. The crepes here are much thinner than the ones I make at home and have tiny holes throughout them allowing the Nutella to seep through... it's pretty amazing. I'm going to be perfecting my Crepe talents once I get home, no doubt.
We set out to do the Musee D'Orsay only to find that it was closed on Mondays, as are many of the museums. So we just had to head back to the Louvre, poor us :) The Louvre is so big we could have gone there everyday and still leave wishing we had seen more. We saw the Mona Lisa again and then headed over to the other half of the Louvre that we hadn't seen yet. I never did find a pregnant sculpture or even a painting as I had wished to... I wonder if there is a reason for that and maybe they don't exist? Something I'd like to look into.

Since this was our last night in Paris we wanted to end it with a nice Au Revoir. We took a champagne cruise along the Seine River at night that started by the Eiffel Tower. The first half of the cruise was narrated and was pretty interesting. We saw the building that The White House was modeled after, the French Statue of Liberty, and even the memorial marking the place where Princess Diana's fatal crash took place. Once the narrated portion ended we just cruised along the river, cuddling, sipping champagne, and taking in the beautiful city of Paris. It was very romantic and such a wonderful way to end our Paris experience. I'm very sad to be leaving but am excited to go back to Bruges. I can't wait to show Marcus around fall in love with the city all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment